ASSOCIATION DES JOURNAUX FRANCOPHONES BELGES
Belgian Association of French-language Newspapers
The cooperative company Les Journaux Francophones Belges (JFB), founded in 1999, gathers all the publishers of French- and German-speaking daily newspapers in Belgium : Editions de l’Avenir SA (Vers l’Avenir, Le Jour, Le Courrier), Grenz-Echo SA (Grenz-Echo), IPM SA (La Libre Belgique, La Libre Belgique/Gazette de Liège, La Dernière Heure), Mediafin SA (L’Echo), Rossel et Cie SA (Le Soir) et Sudpresse SA (La Capitale, La Meuse, La Nouvelle Gazette, La Province, Nord-Eclair Belgique).
JFB's objectives are to:
- ensure an efficient representation of the daily press sector towards public authorities at all levels;
- promote the importance of the economic and social role of the daily newspapers;
- defend the newspaper publishers’ common interests;
- stimulate and promote the image of the daily press;
- develop cooperation between associates in the field of common professional interests;
- represent its members in professional and international organisations as well as towards third parties, public authorities and unions;
defend the moral and financial interests of the daily newspapers;
- search, develop and carry out activities in the fields of promotion, communication and sales, in order to support the daily newspapers.