EESTI AJALEHTEDE LIIT
Estonian Newspaper Association
Estonian Newspaper Association (EALL) is a non-profit organisation working in the common interests of newspapers. EALL represents 42 newspapers published in Estonia, with a total daily circulation of 624,860 copies. EALL aims to defend the common interests and rights of newspapers, proceeding from internationally recognised principles of democratic journalism.
To fulfil its goals EALL:
- represents newspapers by influencing processes relating to newspaper publishing (lobby in parliament, distribution, printing, advertising, ownership); develops co-operation with media organisations in Estonia and abroad;
- offers member papers a chance to exchange ideas and compare notes in a professional environment;
- in conjunction with Press Council, upholds good journalistic practice and fights against violations of the freedom of the press;
- promotes access to public information as a right of every citizen;
- organises training courses for newspaper managers and editors, arranges contests for newspapers;
- collects and publishes media statistics, distributes information on newspapers from Estonia and abroad;
- nominates annually the most press-friendly and the most press-hostile public figure.